Saturday 5 June 2010

Blogs and Blogging and Thing 4 and ... time

Spent quite a bit of time reading other blogs in Cam 23 Things, rather enjoyed the exercise but ... time flew by so quickly and time is such a precious commodity and in such short a supply ... at least for me.

As with everything, as soon as I got involved, I would have liked things to work my way, and immediately with my iGoogle page I would have wanted icons the look different, which proved impossible (at least with my little knowledge of how to manipulate the web), and get RSS from websites I usually "visit" but had no RSS facility available, etc. etc.

However, I know from experience that feeling frustrated is part of the normal process of learning something new (a new sport, a new language, and - going back rather a long time - reading and writing ....). So I want to look at the bright side of things: since beginning Cam 23 Things I have already learnt about Things I was not aware of and how to create them (Things 1-4). By the time we have finished, I will have learnt many more ... looking forward to it (I said it before: getting repetitive here! Apologies!)

Turning personal, what I would really like to know more about is ... BOOKS !!!





























... and how to become the perfect librarian !

















































































3 comments:

  1. Hello Laura,
    Great Acrimboldo pic, but there's a really big space at the end of your post...? Thinking space?
    Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm interested in rare books too. My blog is called News from Nowhere - but I've got two libraries: the Old Library and the undergraduate library so there's nothing about rare books on my blog at the moment. I love your images.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A couple of rare books/manuscript things that might interest you. The CILIP Rare Books group has a couple of rss feeds from their web site. And have you come across the Got Medieval blog with its series of posts on marginalia?

    ReplyDelete